Monday, May 28, 2007

A few minutes late: Gratitude for May 27

1. Chamomile tea. This is the tea that got me started drinking tea, since I couldn’t take the fruity types. It’s just good for everything. I wish I could drink it every day but apparently you aren’t supposed to, since it can cause allergies to ragweed (same plant family).

2. The body’s ability to heal itself. I can’t think of a more fantastic thing than that.

3. Friends who care. I’ve had some nice sympathy and caring remarks from a few people during this horrible weekend. It is really nice just to know they wish me well.

4. My vitamix. I made a really cool raspberry sherbet for dessert tonight! It’s so easy and takes only a minute with the vitamix.

5. My meds. I hate having to take them, but I have to give them props today, for taking away the worst of my aches and giving me enough energy to actually make a healthy meal.

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.