1. Effexor. I can actually look people in the eyes, and talk to people I haven’t seen in years! I no longer feel disconnected, isolated, alienated…and so less depressed. I even enjoy strange old ladies.
2. Increasing daylight and warmer weather. If I had to live in perpetual winter, I think I would, well, decide not to live. Spring brings all those smells you forget, and the sky opens with endless possiblities. You can just enjoy walking around outside, without any destination.
3. That I don’t have a crappy job which would also make me not want to live. I’ve got to do something meaningful, something I like, and something I’m good at. I don’t like being an expendable ensign.
4. Animals. They just make me smile, no matter what.
5. Forgiveness. I thought I’d burned a lot of bridges with a lot of people, but that’s turning out not to be true. Now, I just need to forgive myself a little more!