Friday, May 25, 2007

Gratitude for 25/5/07

1. Effexor. I can actually look people in the eyes, and talk to people I haven’t seen in years! I no longer feel disconnected, isolated, alienated…and so less depressed. I even enjoy strange old ladies.

2. Increasing daylight and warmer weather. If I had to live in perpetual winter, I think I would, well, decide not to live. Spring brings all those smells you forget, and the sky opens with endless possiblities. You can just enjoy walking around outside, without any destination.

3. That I don’t have a crappy job which would also make me not want to live. I’ve got to do something meaningful, something I like, and something I’m good at. I don’t like being an expendable ensign.

4. Animals. They just make me smile, no matter what.

5. Forgiveness. I thought I’d burned a lot of bridges with a lot of people, but that’s turning out not to be true. Now, I just need to forgive myself a little more!

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.