Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm ambivalent

about even trying to do this. Part of me thinks I’m just wired to be a night person, and the other part thinks I’d be healthier if I got up with the sun. Some mornings I just can’t get up. If I have an appointment I usually can, but I can’t set appointments with myself and stick to them… It’s literally painful to wake up when I’m not ready. I don’t sleep well at all, and I usually have crazy dreams in the morning – two opposing factors in my struggle to decide whether I should even try this. I used to get up at 5:30 am to go to swim practice, but that was half my lifetime ago and even then I was barely conscious and totally grumpy.

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.