Friday, May 25, 2007

A start - fight for animal rights

I joined a couple of animal rights causes on facebook, and invited some other people. Since I can’t afford to donate money, I’m going to have to figure out how else I can help!

Animal rights has always been a cause I’m interested in. I can watch human violence on t.v. and hardly blink, but if I see an animal being abused, my heart cracks wide open and bleeds. It hurts so much, because they are so helpless and I can’t understand how anyone can look at an animal and want to exploit it instead of care for it. I know that some people just don’t care for animals, but being disinterested is not the same as being cruel. These people don’t have pets or work with animals, so they’re not doing any harm. But someone who purposefully gets involved with an animal and then hurts or neglects it is flatly an immoral, unethical person.

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.