Tuesday, June 26, 2007

11 minute meditation

I did an online guided meditation yesterday, which lasted 11 minutes. My body was extremely uncomfortable in an unusual way. I felt queasy, nauseous. It was very difficult to keep my attention on my body parts as directed while I was feeling like that, but I did my best. Gotta start somewhere, right? And I think that doing the online ones will keep me motivated, because at least I will have some guidance as to what I should be doing. It is easier to stay focused when there is a voice telling you what to focus on every minute or so.

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.