Friday, June 15, 2007

Gratitude

I’ve missed a few weeks here, since I’ve been on vacation, and the week leading up to it was unbelievably hectic. I start afresh:

1. Trees. For being beautiful, creating fresh oxygen, and often connecting me with the Source, giving me a renewed sense of awe at the ‘just-so-ness’ of nature.

2. My spirit animals – rabbits and herons. Whenever i see one, I automatically take time to pause and reflect at what I am doing in that moment. I often think that they are telling me I am on the right path.

3. Utne magazine. The articles are about things I should know, but never bother to learn about. They keep a reader on their toes, encourage independent thinking, and uncover different perspectives on really important issues. Definitely a tool for developing a more enlightened mind. Oh, and the book reviews are great for suggesting reads that I wouldn’t normally come across.

4. The internet. I was discussing the other day how my curiosity is instantly satisfied by the internet. How I lived with all those unanswered questions before the web, I’ll never know. Today I looked up restless leg syndrome.

5. The people on 43 things. I’ve had more encouragement from them than from my family and friends. It is fantastic to be a part of a community who are dedicated to helping each other meet our goals. Thank you!

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.