Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Vegetarian Goal

I ate a chicken burger at my friend’s house on Saturday (her husband had made it especially for me because he knows I don’t like to eat beef), but other than that, I haven’t had any meat since I’ve been home from my vacation, 8 days now. It’s not that hard, since I never did buy meat to cook at home anyway. I don’t miss meat at all really. I do have a hard time saying no when people offer it to me. I feel bad because I think they don’t know how to make a meatless meal. Another set back is the information I’ve learned about soy, that unless it’s fermented (as in tempeh or miso) it contains enzyme inhibitors which make it very difficult to digest. I still have some soy milk coupons, but I’m off tofu and I’ll soon be switching to rice milk. Not being able to use tofu definitely makes things harder, especially if I’m going off dairy too. I’m going to try more goat dairy and/or organic dairy and see if I react as poorly. I think becoming vegan is a little to extreme right now, I’m just trying to focus on eating healthier, but I don’t want to get that deprived feeling and then end up giving up.

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.