Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bits N' Pieces: An XL Tweet

Posted moments ago
I just thought of the best comeback for a conversation I had a few hours ago! @writeinmovement u may be interested in this! Follow the link for the full tweet. I've been trying to shake off my ex, we broke up near the end of March beginning of April, but we hadn't really seen each other much in the previous 3 weeks, so really it's been over 2 months. He keeps IMing me, I keep ignoring him. Finally tonight I just told him it's really over, I've really moved on, he's telling me he still loves me and why do I dislike him blah blah, and I was extremely civil, I told him I was very sorry but his feelings were not reciprocated etc. Finally he asks if I just want him to stop talking to me and I said, 'yes' (obviously he needs me to be this direct). Then gets mad, starts swearing and says "you never ever loved me" and I told him I loved who he pretended to be (long story, but he's literally ALL talk, NO action). He replied, "oh like you're so real", and I said, "I've always been an honest person". He said..."you live with excuses". At the time it was so bizarre, so the-pot-calling-the-kettle-black, and we ALL live with excuses (unless we're the Dalai Lama etc) so I just said LOL. His answer was "ya whatever" and that's the last I've heard from him. But wouldn't it have been great if it went like this?

Him: You live with excuses.

Me: I'd rather live with excuses than with you.

Cuz that's the truth, amen.

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.