Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A Letter to Andrea

Andrea,
I just want to share with you my gratitude for what you have given me. However long my ability to contribute to our campaign lasts (hopefully indefinitely) it is you who have provided the necessary catalyst for my finally engaging in meaningful activity. I've often wanted to be involved in some sort of activism, but lacked the belief that I could be effective. You've shown me what a person with a laptop and determination can do - in a matter of days, you've gotten your message to thousands of people, and I find that incredible and amazing. Your self-belief has allowed me first to believe in you, and then in our cause, and now in myself. You came along and provided me the forum and inspiration I needed to start doing something I have always doubted I could do. I am 34 years old, and this is the first time I've ever felt I could make a real, lasting impact on the world about something extremely important. My motivation stays strong as daily I see your efforts and the efforts of the others you have inspired to join us, and as daily I receive encouragement from those to whom our message has reached via my words and actions. I cannot express enough how much of a difference this experience is continuing to make in my life, and how the grandness of your vision expands my own. I can see lights in my future where there were none, the future that I'd stopped looking towards because of its uncertainty and emptiness. I feel like, no, I believe I can contribute, and make something of myself. You've sparked an exponential growth of possibilities in me, and that is the best gift I have ever gotten. I know it is early in our friendship and campaign, but look at the difference you have already made in the life of one sufferer. Your mission has not only succeeded in spreading awareness, gaining attention, and future research funding for CFS/ME. It has inspired this individual to fulfill her potential, and surely it has and will continue to have a similar impact on others. Thank you is not enough.

Love
Michelle

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.