Saturday, December 05, 2009

Favourite Book Cover Challenge

Over at Seriously Reading, Emily talks about (and shows) some of her favourite book covers. Honestly I know there are some covers I have stared at for long minutes, but the only ones that come to mind at the moment are the covers for the Twilight Series.

TwilightNew Moon

EclipseBreaking Dawn

They are just gorgeous. I think my favourite is the last - Breaking Dawn, because it has a bit more interest and depth to it. But together they appeal because they are stark, simple, elegant, sumptuous. The black, white and red thing is very sensual and erotic, and brings up loads of connotations - dark and light, good and evil, and of course, the ever-present-theme-in-vampire-genre: blood. I just think they are aesthetically beautiful and would look totally amazing as a set of art prints on a wall.

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.