Sunday, December 06, 2009

Update 10 #rrreadathon

Antsy-ness gone. I think because I hardly did any reading in the last couple hours. I did quite a bit of tweeting tho, and it took me a few minutes to settle on another book to read. I grabbed Timothy Findlay's The Wars first, because it was slim - 190 pages (though small text). But then as I opened it up I realized I'd tried to read it before, and it was slow and rather vague and sort of boring. So not good material for hour 19+ of a readathon! So my next best option was The Escher Twist: A Homer Kelley Mystery by Jane Langton. It's a bit more complex and detailed than I expected, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Currently Reading: The Escher Twist
Pages Read: 42
Total Books Finished: 2 (Lover Enshrined, A Separate Peace)
Total Pages Read: 611
Total Time Spent Reading: 12 hours

I got my sillies out on Twitter before settling into the book. It's light and has a bit of a humourous flair, which is just the thing! My body is getting rather sore and painful, and I think I've saved the bathtub experience for this particular point. I'll be filling the tub shortly and staying it in for as long as I can stand (refreshing the hot water of course!). At this point I know it's the only thing that's going to help with my fibro pain - I've been here before with the body ache issue! I'm also going to reheat the magic bag for my neck, which I've been massaging with Tiger Balm for the last half hour. It's not really enough at this point. I'm a trooper tho!

Grab your Machetes and let's hack through the rest of this jungle - just keep an eye out for Charlies! (Yeah I've gone a bit nutbar, I'll admit it).

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.