Saturday, December 05, 2009

Update 4 #rrreadathon

I just spent the last half hour or so in the shower, trying to warm up. My thermostat is set as it always is, at 22 (Celsius!), but for some reason the cold outside is creeping in here in ways unregistered by that particular gadget! And no, it's not because I've been especially sedentary reading all day - I am always rather sedantary. For those of you not familiar with me, it's because I have fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, which is a one-two punch of chronic pain and chronic fatigue (amongst other nasty symptoms), so I spend my days rather like this one, just with more time online and/or watching DVDs as well as reading. So, I shouldn't be so freaking cold!

But I needed a shower anyway, my hair was getting a bit greasy. I may just end up spending a couple hours reading in the bath tub if I get cold again. Winter is definitely upon us.

Stats:
Books Read: Lover Enshrined
Pages Read: 281
Total Books Finished: 0
Total Pages Read: 281
Total Time Spent Reading: 5 hours

It's taking a lot more time to blog and check the other blogs every two hours than I thought it would. It's been somewhere around 30-45 minutes online each time, which only leaves an hour and a bit to read every two hours. I know, I'm not supposed to be worrying about the numbers, and I'm not really worried, I'm just noting these things. It's an interesting experience, this first readathon of mine! I'll be much better prepared for the one I'm doing on Christmas Day this year. Yes, that is right, I'd rather spend all day reading than hang out with my family. I see most of them on Boxing Day anyway, and one day of holiday festivities is enough for my poor body and my socially crazed head!

I'm hoping to finish this book before the next update. It's about 550 pages, so I've got 100 to go (I know I said that last time but it's longer than I thought!) A side note: I'm feeling rather bloated after eating my crackers and dips with some pickles, so I think I'll be laying off the snacks for a few hours and go back to just drinking tea. Which should help warm me up. My hands were so cold from holding my book aloft that I'm bringing gloves back to the couch in case that happens again! I managed to warm them up one at a time by sticking them under my dog, but that's kind of inconvenient for both of us *wink* :D

Keep on truckin!

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.