Saturday, December 05, 2009

Update 6 #rrreadathon

Dutifully I blog again. I finished Lover Enshrined, finally. It ended on a sweet note that did not leave me groping for the next in the series, so I scanned my book shelf and picked out the thinnest volume I haven't yet read: A Separate Peace, by John Knowles. The first five pages nearly bored me to tears, but then the book flashed back into the past and I'm inexplicably hooked by this story of two teen boys in America in 1942. I'm not sure what's so compelling, but I'm not going to try to analyze it at this point!

Stats:
Currently Reading: A Separate Peace
Pages Read: 52
Total Books Finished: 1 (Lover Enshrined)
Total Pages Read: 425
Total Time Spent Reading: 7.5 hours

So we are halfway through the readathon, and I am getting pretty tired! I broke out the coffee around 8pm, but it's not helping much. Good thing this book is doing it's job holding my interest, I may just make it for a few more hours - I'm hoping to get a second wind. If not, I do have the option of taking dexedrine (prescribed to me because of my chronic fatigue), but I try to do without that stuff most of the time! The coffee has taken away my hunger, so I'm still snack free for awhile. My hands have gotten cold again (poor circulation) so I'm wearing those little stretchy gloves you get at the dollar store. Hey whatever works, right? I'm still able to type and turn pages, and that's what counts :D

Forging into the unknown...

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.