Saturday, December 05, 2009

Update 7 #rrreadathon

Stats:
Currently Reading: A Separate Peace
Pages Read: 119
Total Books Finished: 1 (Lover Enshrined)
Total Pages Read: 492
Total Time Spent Reading: 9 hours

I am starting to feel like ass, but I'm actually really enjoying this book. Which is suprising, since nothing at all seems to be happening in it. I can't really put my finger on what is so enthralling, but it must be that stuff that goes on between the lines, sinks into your subconscious and connects with something like itself down there. The dynamics of the two main characters' relationship is fascinating, creepy and suspenseful. That's all I know!

I found myself pausing to stare at my pets for several minutes when my brain started checking out on me. They've been using me as a couch pretty much this whole time, as is usual. Played the winking game with my dog - she seems to always be on the verge of "getting it" - some mind-blowing awareness of our separateness yet similarity. Or at least that's what I see in my anthropomorphism.

I've pretty much lost my appetite, especially for any more coffee. Lately I've suddenly just overcome my raging addiction to it and have finally started digging into my tea stash again. I will continue to do so as the night continues, caffeinated only of course.

Start burning that midnight oil, Dear Readers!

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.