Sunday, December 06, 2009

Update 8 #rrreadathon

I'm struggling with a serious case of the space-outs. I think I just spent the last five minutes of reading not actually reading, but listening to Diana Krall, rubbing my shoulder and thinking about - I have no idea. I've also got some intermittent funkiness going on in my intestines and I'm freezing again. But otherwise things are great! Well...maybe not great. The book isn't capturing my attention quite as much, things are shifting. Feels like we're headed for the "climax" - if the book even has one - and I'm not sure it's going to be one that I like. I might be let down. There's a good 50 pages left. I only got to read for an hour this time, since I spent the first hour doing the blogging challenges and such.

Stats:
Currently Reading: A Separate Peace
Pages Read: 151
Total Books Finished: 1 (Lover Enshrined)
Total Pages Read: 524
Total Time Spent Reading: 10 hours

So, should I turn up the heat, or get into the bathtub, or make some more tea, or turn up the heat, or a combination of the above? Seriously, my mental faculties are fuzzy at best, so I can't make decisions! HALP? My dog has abandonned her project of watching me read and forcing pets and succumbed to napland. And I watch her with sheer jealousy. Not just because I'm tired, but because she's so darned relaxed and I never get like that even in the best of circumstances. Animals are so very zen. They just ARE. And they are so fine with that.

The book is tweaking my philosophical side a bit, which you can see from my Goodreads updates and tweets about it. I'm not going to waste time looking them up to repost here. I really want to finish this book and start on another, and not waste a whole hour blogging this time!!

Share It

Disclaimer

I sometimes write things that I don't really mean or believe. These are not to be taken literally, nor as definitive statements about me or my beliefs. Thoughts and emotions are transient, and I reserve the right to change my mind, generalize, exaggerate, give strong opinions, or write other possibly offensive statements. I don't lie, but I may say something that's not true to check whether I believe it or not, or to make a point. Call it creative license. This is my blog, and do have the right to say what I want. I'm using it in creatively therapeutic ways. Whatever the reader may think of me and my words, please believe that my core intentions are always good and I never willingly hurt anyone.