So, I’ve got a bad cold, and a family gathering on the 26th, which means I won’t be able to stay up 24 hours. This is an informal readathon, but here are some guidelines for participation:
1. Start reading whenever you get up - let’s not torture ourselves by crawling out of bed on a cold morning before we are ready! Of course, nobody’s asking you to get out of bed at all, really, if you can tweet from bed while you are reading! :D
2. Read until you feel like you need to go to sleep. If you want to stay up all night, you are my hero, but it’s not necessary :D
3. Tweet throughout the day about your reading with the hashtag #Xmasreadathon [Please note: Twitter does not make my personal tweets (@perpetualspiral) searchable even with hashtags, so if you want to find my updates, you’ll have to check out my timeline directly. I know, it’s stupid, and it sucks, but I don’t know why it’s like that and there’s nothing I can do about it.] If you don’t have twitter, you are missing out, but I won’t force you ;p
4. post on your blog/Facebook at least every two hours with an update that includes
Number of Pages Read:
Books Read (number and titles):
Total pages read:
Feel free to add your thoughts on what you are reading and how the experience of the Readathon is going! I will post everyone’s URLs so we can cheer each other on our blogs as well as on Twitter!
5. Visit some of the other participants’ blogs throughout the day to cheer each other on and see what everyone is reading!
6. Just have fun! There are no memes, contests or prizes to get you through, just our comraderie and love of reading.
One final reminder: our theme is “expanding your mind”, so your books should be from a genre like science fiction, fantasy, urban fantasy, horror, etc.
I will be starting out with Graceling, by Kristin Cashore and then moving onto A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris. If I get through both of those (doubtful!), I’ve got The Shroedinger’s Cat Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson.
Partipicant list (to be updated shortly):
@perpetualspiral (me) | Blog: http://perpetualspiral.blogspot.com
@fmslife Jessica | Blog: http://fmslife.blogspot.com
@greytfriend Catherine | Blog: http://greytfriend.wordpress.com/
Laurel | Blog: TBD
Angela | Blog: TBD
@VinaMist Teia | Blog: http://justbreathe234.blogspot.com/
Melanie | Blog: TBD
@Lavender_Lines Colleen | Blog: http://lavenderlines.wordpress.com/
@mossjon Jon | Blog: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu
@lyndafern Lynda | Blog: TBD
I'll be filling in these details as they come into me - you can comment here if I'm missing some info of yours, or let me know on FB, twitter, or by emailing me firstname.lastname@example.org